Saree has been one of the most common Indian ethnic outfits and is every lady’s favourite. No wonder the outfit works wonders in making you look like a damsel, but if certain things are skipped, it real can look messy and tacky!!!
Here is a list of certain DO’s and DONT’s you must follow to let your saree work its best!!!
What To Do When wearing a Saree
1. Learn the simple art of wearing a Saree
The art of wearing a saree has simple steps. But if they are not done properly there is a chance you may make a mess of it all. Have a look at how to drape a simple saree.Advertisement
2. Get the right Underskirt and Blouse
The underskirt (petticoat) must contrast your saree well and you should always get the blouse stitched as per your need. Loose blouses give a hideous look and will make you uncomfortable.
3. Pick up the right Fabric and Colour
Also, choose the right shades as per your skin colour. Glittery shades can make you look like a glowing LED. While others might make your whole look dull.
4. Choose the right Drape for your body shape
Although there are hundreds of draping styles, but its not always that a drape would go well with your body type. We suggest you must take a look at it on you before making a public appearance.
5. Know the drape style you pick
If you are experimenting some new drape style, make sure you know how to do it throughout. You may also find someone who is good at it and take his/her help. A bad drape may create a joke out of you.
6. Pin up properly and as much as required
To get the saree tucked at proper places, you may use a handful of pins and use them efficiently. Make sure you pin up nicely and hide the pins. Using too many of them may make you look like a pin cushion!!!
7. Always wear your heels before draping a Saree
To know the exact length of your saree, you must wear your footwear before draping it. It would give you the exact height and would never need readjustments.
What NOT TO DO When wearing a Saree
1. Never wear a completely plain saree
Especially with whites and Blacks!! There should be atleast a narrow border with the saree to make it look elegant. To break the monopoly experiment a little bit with your blouse.
2. Never wear too much jewellery
A saree in itself is a heavy outfit. You need not load yourself with extra large jewellery. It will give you too much attention and maybe your beautiful saree goes ignored.
3. No tacky blouses
Well, as much as you do like showing off your curves, do not create so much of it when going with a saree. Wearing too low blouses is an insult to the whole outfit. And do not be too covered that it doesn’t make sense at all.
4. Never wear Wedges or Pedestal heels
These are an extreme No No with sarees. They look very tacky and you will look nothing but a clown.
5. Do not carry an Oversized bag
A saree has a poise of its own. Always carry a clutch or a small bag. It is a big task to carry the whole outfit. There is simply no need to load yourself with extra work.
6. No pleats on Pallu with Nets and Georgette
These are flowy fabrics. There is just no sense in pleating them at the pallu.
7. Occasion Mismatch!
There is nothing more embarrassing than wearing a saree that is just not meant for the occasion. Never wear a too shiny or embellished saree to work unless there is some party or a bland one on a wedding!!!
8. Too much skin show is Unnecessary
As if a saree is not sensual enough??? You need to make a whole big skin show wearing this beautiful outfit. Do not take it personally, but ladies, trust the fabric that you are draping!!!
9. Don’t tuck it too low
Drape the saree at a decent height at you waist. The stunt of pulling it low doesn’t make heads turn!! Well, atleast not appreciatively.
Now that you know some basic Do’s and Dont’s, flaunt the beautiful outfit and carry it the way it’s meant to be!!
Buy Top Trending Sarees of LooksGud.in
- Top Premium (Designer) Saree Brands in India
- How to (or Not to) wear a Saree? Tips and Tricks
- 11 Casual Ways to drape a Saree
- 12 Reasons Why You should Wear a Sari
- 10 Western Saree draping style to Steal from Sonam Kapoor
- 7 Ways to wear a Saree without losing your weight
- Tired of old Saree Drapes? Try 26 Modern Styles No one told you about
- 7 Hilarious Reasons given to every woman to wear a saree after marriage
- Style Tips to look good in Saree at Kitty Party
- Top 20 Saree Brands to Buy Best Designs
- 44 Types of Saree Blouses Fashion Curious Women Should Know
- A to Z Types of Saree We Bet You Didn’t Know About!
Latest posts by Shaista Singh (see all)
- India’s Most Loved Chaniya Choli Designs for Navratri - July 9, 2019
- How to choose Designer Party Wear Kurtis? - January 12, 2019
- Top 20 Saree Brands to Buy Best Designs - January 5, 2019