One item, multiple looks! Try different types of bottom wears for kurti, and you just get surprised how many different styles come out from a single kurti.
All age women love to wear kurti, and why not? It is affordable for every one, very comfortable & easy to wear, and can be worn for any occasion around the year. You can make a style statement just by wearing fashionable kurti, however don’t forget to pair kurti with right bottom, jewelry, shoes and other accessories as they are also vital part of your look. Right pair enhances the look of whole outfit. Gone are days when kurtas/kurtis were paired with salwar or churidar only, now you can look different every time by trying different styles of bottom for a favorite kurti. Even, you can modernize your look with bottoms like dhoti salwar, Aladdin salwar, harem pants, cigarette pants, palazzos, long skirts, etc. You can transform your downtown look into fabulous fashion glamour by trying some indo-western style bottom wears or put on some traditional bottom wears for that charming indianness, choice is yours! Bollywood are divas mostly seen in traditional bottom wears instead of jeans, leggings, etc. but they always give stylish touch to traditional bottom wears for that glamorous look.
11 Different Types of Bottom wear To Wear with Kurtis
- Fully comfortable leggings
- Look extra attractive in churidar
- Jazz up look with Jeggings
- Summer favorite Patiala Pants
- Elegant & Feminine Long Skirts
- Dynamic Dhoti Salwar
- Glorious look in ethnic Aladdin salwar
- Evergreen Jeans & Capri
- Cigarette pants for retro gals
- Wide-leg pants for tall beauties
- Rock the look in Palazzo
Checkout here western and ethnic bottom wears for different types of kurtis.Advertisement
1. Fully comfortable leggings
Leggings are all about comfort and style. You can pick this style for travelling, during pregnancy even for the post-pregnant months or at office where you have to feel comfortable for all day long. Gone are the days of basic black leggings, now you can have fun with colored leggings, printed leggings, leggings with sheer paneling, and so on. You can also update your boring leggings collection with stylish leather leggings to look glamorous in club parties; evening or night out, etc.
- Fabric is the basic thing to consider. Make sure that fabric of the legging is heavy enough and stretchy enough like Lycra, PVC, rayon or spandex blend, otherwise you may get “elephant knees” by the middle of the day.
- Do not wear tight-fitting kurti with leggings as it ruins the balance of clothing proportions.
- Try some contrast or print instead of searching for same color pairing
- Fabric of leggings should not be see-through
- If your legging is too small; the fabric stretches more comparatively and shine around the thigh, making that area little see through.
- Don’t wear short kurti on leggings; instead go for jeans or jeggings.
- If kurtis are flare up and of loose-fitting, then leggings work great.
- Legging is the best comfortable cum stylist option for big belly women.
- Get different look with different length, for e.g. Ankle-Length Leggings gives chic professional look as office wear
- Pair heavily patterned leggings or printed leggings with simple, non-patterned or non- printed top.
2. Look extra attractive in churidar
Undeniably, leggings almost replace churidars as they are cheap and convenient option. But, leggings don’t have a grace of churidars. Leggings can enhances the beauty of casual wear but sometimes spoil the look of traditional attire. Also if you are plus size, go for churidar instead of skin tight leggings that highlight your flabby parts.
- Pair nicely with Long kurtis and Anarkalis. Avoid short kurtis.
- Collar neck kurti and full sleeves give professional look when paired with churidar.
- Leggings is skin fitting outfit so prefer churidar to flatter your skinny legs.
- Some kurtis (e.g. silk kurtis) look best with churidar rather than cotton leggings
3. Jazz up look with Jeggings
Jeans are tough and unstretchable while leggings are stretchable but very revealing, so why not try combination of the two? Any women can wear jeggings but it should be of right fit. No hassle of the zip or button, just pull on to the waist. You can select from wide range of bright colors and pastel shades with standard denim wash effects.Advertisement
4. Summer favorite Patiala Pants
Patiala pant fashion is gifted by Punjab. Offering beautiful draping effect with the fall of the lots of pleats, they are very comfortable outfit to wear. Undeniably, they need double the length of material to get stitched but being loose; they are summer favorite as they do not stick to the skin and give a lot of free space to the skin to breathe easily in summer.
In past, Patiala pants worn in Punjab and other close by regions only. But now with modern changes, they become favorite style statement of young generation. New trend of Patiala Pants started with Kareena Kapoor in Jab We Met, Anushka Sharma in Band Baaja Baarat, and Kangana Ranaut in Tanu Weds Manu, etc.
- It is versatile and used for any occasion, for ex. as a college fashion, party wear and bridal wear (heavy embroidered Patiala).
- If it seems to be difficult to hold lots of pleats, go for semi patiala salwar which has little pleats.
- Opt for Cotton patiala salwar in summer season for extra comforts.
- Always wear Patiala salwar with knee-length or short kurti to highlight the pleats
- 3/4 sleeves kurti looks good on Patiala salwar
- Patiala adds bulk to the body so apple shaped women should avoid it.
- Patiala helps conceal large hips and thighs, adding proportion to the body
- Floral or other printed Patiala works great with plain kurtiGo for apple cut kurti with patiala salwar instead of straight one.
- Patiala is made of soft & skin-friendly fabrics like chiffon, pure cotton, etc.
5. Elegant & Feminine Long Skirts
Young girls love to wear skirts at collage or at party. You can make a nice pairing of simple short cotton kurti with a long graceful skirt.
- Pair sleeveless short kurti with Maxi skirt for a decent look on outing
- Wear shirt style short kurti with Knee length tight skirt for professional look
- Straight cut wrap-around skirt makes nice pairing with A-line short cotton kurti
- Opt for short hip length kurti for skirts and avoid long kurti
- Wearing a piece of scarf or stole can create an uber-stylish fashion statement with simple cotton kurti. Even, you can create different styles with a simple stole.
6. Dynamic Dhoti Salwar
Try out stylish dhoti pants to stand out in the crowd. It has several pleats around the thigh area. These pleats are loose at the upper leg area and taper down to the ankle. Harem pants are different thing as they are loose throughout the legs, even gathered fabric is more in dhoti pants compared to the harem pants. As it has no fitting issues, one size fits all.
- Wear dhoti salwar with well-fitted kurti
- If you have a pear-shaped body, then avoid wearing dhoti salwar as it add more volume to the hip area
- Pick embroidered or embellished border style for traditional look or go for plain or printed, patterned style for casual look
- Prefer hip-length kurti so that fabulous draping style can be noticed
- Look amazing by throwing cape over cropped dhoti pants
- Get designer look by pairing a knee-length button-down jacket or an asymmetrical hem top
- Avoid lycra or stretchy fabrics as they stick to the body
- Pair kedia kurti with dhoti pant is best pair for Navratri
7. Glorious look in ethnic Aladdin salwar
Salwar kameez is popular Indian outfit, but when it comes to kurti, you can have trendy salwar options to choose from like Aladdin salwar, Boot Cut Salwar, Split Salwar, Pleated Salwar, Sharara Salwar, Parallel Salwar and many more.
Aladdin salwar sounds familiar, isn’t it? It’s because of the famous cartoon character, Aladdin who used to wear special style of Pants falling long between legs. It’s new name is Bangaroo Salwar also known as harem pants. This new trend is hot favorite among young girls. Even, foreign tourists prefer it for comfortable yet stylish outfit.
Actually, there are two Aladdin styles,
1) Fully loose pant ends with big cuff;
2) Extra wide between legs like harem pants
- Straight hip-length kurti with side slit works great as slit gives enough flexibility
- Cotton printed fabric is good for summer or you can go for lycra, viscose for not so flowy look
- Big cuff gives you stunning look, choose embroidered or patterned cuff for more attention
- It can nicely balance western & traditional theme and give stunning look in dancing parties, club parties
8. Evergreen Jeans & Capri
Skinny jeans are hot favorite among college girls. Jeans with T-shirts and top become common, let’s pair kurti with jeans for style.
- Skinny jeans are nicely paired with short tunic, knee length kurti and hip length kurtis
- Sleeveless or 3/4th sleeves kurti look better on jeans instead of short or cap sleeves kurti
- Don’t wear embellished or patterned kurti on patterned jeans; either bottom or top side should be kept plain
- If you love boot-cut jeans, pair it with short and waist length kurti only
- Skinny jeans works great with long straight kurti, while flat slippers, ballerina flats or ballet flats enhance the whole outfit look
- Jeans Capri paired with summer kurtis looks great for outing, beach parties, etc.
- Don’t forget to wear bold hand accessory or chunky jewelry to complement your casual college look
- Solid cotton kurti with jeans gives you professional look
9. Cigarette pants for retro gals
Grow up girls! Try trendy cigarette pants instead of leggings or churidar. You feel same fitting of churidar with no chudis. Cigarette pants just finish up at the ankle. It is fashionable and at the same time comfortable & lightweight so you can wear it around the clock.
- Having modern touch, it makes nice pairing with trendy tail cut kurti and flared kurti
- Wear cigarette pants with loose lawn kurti, kaftan kurti and long straight kurtis
- Gives you perfect professional look for office wear
- Pick flats for office wear or go with hills and wedges for style
10. Wide-leg pants for tall beauties
Skinny jeans might be torture in summer, don’t worry. Be cool in wide leg pants for best summer style.
- Kitten heels suit best on your long legs
- Avoid pointed-toe shoes with wide leg pant
- Girls with short or average height should avoid too much flare
- Follow basic balance rule: if bottom is loose, then go for well fitted top
- Buy Wide-leg pant long enough and make sure that your pant can hide your high heels.
- Flared pant looks particularly good when it is paired with kurti that defines your waist.
- Pakistani style kurtis make nice pairing with wide-leg pants
11. Rock the look in Palazzo
Indian version of palazzo is very graceful & stylish. You can style your Indian wear in western way with new trend of palazzo. It seems that Pakistani designers renovate fashion and combine long, straight kurti with palazzo. Soon, there will be new trend of long kurti with jeans and trousers also.
- Select Border prints for rich classic look or go bold with transparent palazzo
- Wrap around palazzo only goes well with Short kurti because other kurti covers the pattern of palazzo.
- Sleeveless, long, straight, printed kurti gives decent professional look with matching plain palazzo
- For party look, pair crushed palazzo with short printed Kurti or short angarakha kurti; plain palazzo with sequined peplum kurti and georgette Palazzo with high neck embroidered kurti.
- Get designer look by pairing front slit kurti with net printed Palazzo; long, contrast Angarakha style Kurti with polka dot Palazzo; and long trail cut kurti with crochet Palazzo
- Choose printed Palazzo for cool, casual outing
BONUS: DIY Harem pant & Jumpsuit
Latest 2 in 1 fashion style is taken from etsy.com
You can convert your harem pants into one-piece jumpsuit within a minute. Yes! Just pull up your harem pants and set smocking part on bustline, that’s it. Are you ready for such an amazing 2 in 1 fashion style?
Master tips to choose bottom wear for your Kurti
- Try skinny jeans for kurti of hip length.
- Try Patiala if Kurti ends between hip and mid-thigh.
- Try leggings or skinny jeans with kurti longer than mid-calf.
- Latest Designer Kurtis with Different Cut Types
- Top 10 Brands to buy Western Kurtis
- Buying Designer Kurtis? Best 10 Brands to Look for
- 16 Top online selling Kurtis below Rs. 500, you can’t resist to Buy
- How to choose Designer Party Wear Kurtis?
- Different Types of Necklines to Try in your Kurtis
- 23 Types of Kurti Every Woman Should Know
- 10 Best Glamorous Kurtis to wear without Leggings
- 13 Secrets why Indian women are crazy about buying Kurtis
- Top 10 Brands to Buy Anarkali Suits/Kurtis
- 10 Stylish ways to wear Kurtis for Stunning Look
- 7 Reasons Why Cotton Kurtis will remain evergreen on Trend
Latest posts by Laxmi Sangtani (see all)
- 10 Best Hair Oil Brands in India for Hair Growth & Thickness - July 5, 2019
- Why Khaki Pant is essential for Men’s Capsule Wardrobe? - November 30, 2015
- 34 Types of Kurti Designs Every Woman Should Know - July 7, 2015