AdvertisementWhen it comes to updating personality, belt becomes an integral part of accessory for men. In fact, you feel incomplete leaving your home without wearing the belt. Regarding fashion, wearing a belt is one of the litmus tests one has to go through.
Selecting and buying a belt for men is not a rocket science, though. A good sense of fashion and knowledge about the brand & your need will help in buying the right belt that goes for perfect dressing. A perfect belt will not only hold your trouser but also lifts your personality to a whole new level. With this thought, we bring you with a guide to help in choosing the right belt for men.
1. Thumb Rule for Ideal Length of the Belt
It is important that the length of the belt should be larger than your waist. It should have few inches to the left of the buckle after wearing.
AdvertisementThumb rule to get perfect waist length is to buy 1.5 inch bigger than your actual waist size or 2-3 inch bigger than jeans size.
2. For Perfect Belt Length Choose 3rd belt hole
A golden thumb rule is to tuck the dress belt inside your 3rd last belt loop and then it should end at proper length without making a bulge gap. Skipping 2 holes at end is always a better idea. Make sure the length shouldn’t be more because a long tail would bring awkward look.
You can even make sure of belt size guide to know which belt would go apt on your apparel.
Belt sizes chart
3. Match Belt Colour and Fabric with Shoes
You have to match belt colour, fabric and texture with shoes as shown in above image. If you’ve high polished shoes, then glossy looking belts are the best. Branded belts are known for their top quality and textures. It makes them look luxurious and comfort.
For casual attire, go for canvas belts, suede belts and other options available in a variety of looks. The leather belt should go with the leather watch and shoes.
Keeping the look classic and colours like blacks, browns and nudes will help in to wear countless time. Many branded belts come with rich textures looks appealing with formal wear.
4. Belts Width Defines Occasion to wear
Width: Below 1.25 inches
To wear on : Dress pants, Formal pant
Width: 1.25 to 1.5 inches
To wear on : Cargo, Jeans, Casual Pant, Chinos & Shorts
5. Choose Belt Buckle Designs Wisely according to Occasion
As the fashion changes, the style of buckle also changes. Below are 23 different types of men’s belt buckle patterns you can go for:
- Screw Closure
- Clamp Closure
- Stitch Closure
- Tongue Buckles
- Double Side
- Double Ring
- Autogrip Buckle
- Military Buckle
- Clip Buckle
- Wrestling Buckle
- Auto Lock Buckle
- Pin Buckle
- Flip Closure Buckle
- Self Defense Buckle
- Automatic Locking Splice Buckle
- Military Utility Buckle
- Automatic Latch Buckle
- Webbing Buckle
- Clip on Buckle
- Clip Latch Buckle
- Rigger’s Belt
- Designer Military Buckle
Recommended Read: 23 Types of Belt Buckle Every Man Should Know
Tips to wear Belts Perfectly
- If going or black or brown belt, then formal attire along with formal shoes
- Natural leather belt with jeans and other casual outfits
- Webbed and fabric version having double D buckle for casual wear
- Studded and metal chain belt body for casual look will give an out of the crowd personality
- Never wear belt with suit because it makes your mid section bulky.
- Always cover leather tag on the waistband of your jeans with belt.
- One of the best & easiest ways to create an illusion of being taller is to match your belt with your trouser or your shirt.
Right Way to adjust the belt length- Infographics
Interesting Facts about Belts you should know
- Mostly Men prefer to wear belt anticlockwise and women clockwise. This isn’t the rule, you can wear according to your comfort.
- Belt life is 9 to 12 months if you use regularly.
Final Word: It’s a wise choice to go beltless than belted too much.
Latest posts by Hiren (see all)
- 16 Movies to Watch When You are a Punjabi Salwar Suit Lover - January 6, 2018
- 10 Names of Panty Women Use But Men Don’t Know - January 5, 2018
- 10 Best Kurti Designs that Ruled in 2017 - December 16, 2017