Do you want to look slim, tall and beautiful in your saree? Check out easy saree draping styles, tricks and tips to wear saree perfectly like a Bollywood Celebrity!
Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror draping your favourite saree that looked just perfect on the mannequin at the showroom? Yet when you look at yourself wearing the same beautiful piece you’re left with nothing but self-loathing and a fake oath to hit the gym right the next day?
Well, its time you give yourself some credit for the hard work you pay to your family neglecting your curves and ending up with a body you can no more flaunt a saree with.
Saree has till now been ones of the sexiest Indian attires and no matter how much we let the western gowns and dresses usher in the world of fashion, a beautifully worn saree is going to swoon all the hearts at the end.
Now you can look slimmer and hide those flabs of unwanted fat with the right concoction of a perfect fabric and drape style. Check in for the most important things to keep in mind for a slimmer look when you drape your Sari this time!!!Advertisement
1. Flaunt those Curves with a Perfect Drape
A saree gets most of its beauty in the way you drape and carry it. A drape that doesn’t suit your body or looks too clumsy on you will definitely make heads turn but in a different way!!!
Follow these tips the next time you drape your favourite one:
- Tuck your saree properly at the waist so that it doesn’t add volume to your body.
- Make bare minimum pleats just to get the perfect drape and shape. Plump women going with a lot of pleats makes them look heavy bottomed and bulgy from their stomachs.
- If you really love those pleats and do not want to get rid of them (well sometimes the length is also an issue!!), drape them and tuck them at a distance so as to avoid accumulating all of them at a single place.
- Women who want to get a slimmer look must drape the saree as tight as they can. The saree shouldn’t fall loose from any point.
- Keep the palla of the sari loose open on your arm and avoid pleating it all on your shoulder.
Have you ever noticed Vidya Balan with a pleated palla??? Well, that’s the trick women!!Advertisement
2. Hide that fat with the perfect prints!!
Big prints definitely make you go crazy, but wait a minute,you need to stop buying them. You can look slimmer with the same contours by going in for smaller prints and designs or embroideries that are not spread too much on your saree.
Gauri Khan gives a ravishing look in this subtle print with decent colours.Advertisement
3. Stop the blunders of choosing “Broad Borders”
If you notice carefully, whenever fat women wear broad borders, their curves get accentuated even more. Broad border is a complete no for women who are healthy or have too much weight. Go for sarees without borders or subtle borders so that they can flow along you and not make you appear voluminous.
Notice how Sonam Kapoor chose narrower border and diminished her volume.Advertisement
4. Get the right colours for your weight
Colours have a big influence on the weight your attire reflects on you. Dark colours are often big saviours for both very thin or very fat people. Go for black or pastel violet for instance, your overflowing weight is suddenly pacified!!!
Have a look at how Rani Mukerji manages to look perfect in the back saree!! Half credits go to the colour she chooses to flaunt her style with.
Recommended Read: Best Indian fashion designers to buy Premium Saree
5. Choose the right fabric
Choose the fabrics that clung to your body and hug you naturally. Airier fabrics like south cotton or south silk make you look even plump as they add volume while draping. Pick up lighter fabrics like georgette, crepe, satin or chiffon.
If cotton is unavoidable for you, go for the lighter ones.
6. Make some beautiful amendments for the Beautiful You
Its time to throw away those half sleeved blouses you have been wearing since ages. Modify your blouses by getting the sleeves to atleast quarter half of your arm.
Tip: Quarter sleeves make you look slimmer. If you have too much fat on your arms, avoid going for sleeveless blouses.
Opt for blouses with fuller necks or high necks and avoid deep necks to hide your fat.
7. “DO NOT” show that Tummy
Wearing a saree that reveals your tummy and waist is a stunt that can be put up by those who are either too brave to take it any way or if they are too sure about their well toned waists. If you lack any of these two traits, we warn you not to choose a saree that reveals too much at your waist. Drape a saree that covers you aesthetically from your waist and makes you look sleak under the covers.
Well, we definitely don’t want you to feel bad, but Priyanka Chopra is ALLOWED to pull this off as she spent hours getting that waist!!
So, end up those anxieties of looking bulky in a saree and go out and get your perfect piece. Its time for you to pull your beauty off in that party next week!!!
Buy Top Trending Sarees of LooksGud.in
- Top Premium (Designer) Saree Brands in India
- How to (or Not to) wear a Saree? Tips and Tricks
- 11 Casual Ways to drape a Saree
- 12 Reasons Why You should Wear a Sari
- 10 Western Saree draping style to Steal from Sonam Kapoor
- 7 Ways to wear a Saree without losing your weight
- Tired of old Saree Drapes? Try 26 Modern Styles No one told you about
- 7 Hilarious Reasons given to every woman to wear a saree after marriage
- Style Tips to look good in Saree at Kitty Party
- Top 20 Saree Brands to Buy Best Designs
- 44 Types of Saree Blouses Fashion Curious Women Should Know
- A to Z Types of Saree We Bet You Didn’t Know About!
Latest posts by Shaista Singh (see all)
- Life Changing Fashion Tricks and Hacks for Women (Part-2) - December 7, 2019
- Different Types of Winter Jackets/Sweaters for Men - December 1, 2019
- 10 Different Types of Winter Jackets & Sweaters for Women - December 1, 2019